We are located approximately 415 kilometres south of Perth and just minutes from Walpole – known as the heart of the wilderness. Our guests stay close to nature as we are surrounded by five National Parks, and situated only metres away from the calm waters of the Nornalup Inlet. We offer a variety of accommodation to choose from including our luxury glamping tents, fully equipped en-suite chalets, cosy cabins with shared amenities or powered and unpowered sites. Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the ideal location to get away from it all, whether it’s a couple of night’s stay or two weeks of play. For the visitor who appreciates tranquility in a pristine location the beautiful surroundings of the Walpole wilderness Area will not disappoint.
Walpole is the gateway to both the Southern Forests and Valleys and the Amazing South Coast regions of Western Australia. We have such a diverse environment to explore including the Giant Tingle Trees which are entirely unique to our southwest district. The Tingles dominate the surrounding forest, especially in the Valley of the Giants, home of the Valley of The Giants, Tree Top Walk, just 15 minutes from us. We have an amazing variety of native flora and fauna including wildflowers, orchids, giant trees and wildlife creatures such as Quokkas, Kangaroos, joeys and Wrens, Walpole is a must stop and discover destination when you visit Australia’s South West. The Walpole Wilderness area has an endless amount of attractions to offer travellers including scenic drives, bird watching, flower hunting, four wheel driving, fishing, boating, kayaking, swimming and the opportunity to experience the world famous inlet tour, the WOW Eco Cruise, with Gary Muir.
The townsite of Walpole is located just three kilometres from Coalmine Beach which can be accessed by road or along the Bibbulmun Track walk trail which usually takes around 20 minutes one way. The main street has a number of cafes, fuel stations, a supermarket, chemist, butcher and information centre plus some local art and craft galleries which showcase our amazing local talent. The town provides visitors with all the essentials you may need while on holiday including our hairdressers, hardware store and resource centre.
The Walpole Wilderness is a nature lovers delight with unspoilt scenery, two jetties and the town is only a couple of streets back from our Inlet Foreshore. We are inviting you to come and see why Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the perfect place for your next getaway. We recommend allowing at least three days to fully discover the hidden beauties that surround us.
Park Awards and Accreditations
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Booking.Com Guest Review Award: 2019 – 9.3 out of 10
- Voted into the top 12 Parks in WA by the Caravan Industry Association of WA – 2016
- Top Parks Member since 2015
- G’Day Rewards Member since 2018 – Member Network with Top Parks and Discovery Parks
- Caravan Industry Of Western Australia Association Member since 2016
- Bibbulmun Track Walker Friendly Business since 2015
- Munda Biddi Trail Member since 2015
- Australia’s SouthWest Member since 2017
- Walpole Visitor Centre Member since 2015
Our guests were treated to our annual pancake breakfast on Easter Sunday at the recreation room at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park.
The festivities kicked off at 9am with staff and guests enjoying home made pancakes cooked true blue Australian style on the camp BBQ’s.
Walpole’s Annual Events
- Walpole Markets in Pioneer Park: September – April, fresh produce, food stalls, crafts, homemade goods, children’s entertainment, live music and more
- Australia Day Celebrations and Markets in Pioneer Park 26th January
- Walpole’s Sailing Regatta at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park: Labour Day Long Weekend
- Pioneer Cup Golf Tournament at Walpole Country Club – March
- Easter Sunday Markets in Pioneer Park
- ANZAC Day Service: 25th April – Walpole Town Memorial, Pier Street, 11AM Service all welcome
- Annual Whale Watching Season: June – November
- Southern Art and Craft Trail: September – October, Local exhibitions, galleries and studios around the Southern Forests region, guide books available
- Blooming Wild Festival: September – November, Wildflower and Orchid Sensation
- Christmas Eve Complimentary Sausage Sizzle: 24th December from 5:45pm at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park Rec-Room area.
- Outdoor Family Movies run at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park throughout the Summer Holiday season and Easter Holiday