Are you looking for a holiday packed with sightseeing, bushwalking, swimming and fishing? Or are you simply in need of some relaxation on a pristine beach in a tranquil nature setting? Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the place for you.
We are located approximately 415 kilometres south of Perth and just minutes from Walpole – known as the heart of the wilderness, surrounded by five National Parks, and overlooking the calm waters of the Walpole -Nornalup Inlet Marine Park. Guests stay close to nature in a variety of Accommodation to choose from including our luxury glamping tents, fully equipped en-suite chalets, cosy cabins with shared amenities or powered and unpowered sites. Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the ideal location to get away from it all, whether it is a one night stay or two weeks of play.
Walpole is the gateway to the Southern Forests and Valleys and the Great Southern regions of Western Australia. We have such a diverse environment to explore including the Giant Tingle Trees which are entirely unique to our southwest district. The Tingles dominate the surrounding forest, especially in the Valley of the Giants, home of the Tree Top Walk, just 15 minutes from us. The Walpole Wilderness area has an endless amount of opportunties to offer the travelling tourist such as bush walks, scenic drives, fishing, bird watching, four wheel driving, swimming, boating, canoeing and the world famous inlet tour with Gary Muir on the WOW Eco Cruise. For the visitor who appreciates tranquility in a pristine location the beautiful surroundings of the Walpole wilderness area will not disappoint. With the amazing array of native flora and fauna including wildflowers, orchids, giant trees and wildlife creatures such as Quokkas, Kangaroos and Wrens, Walpole is a must stop and discover destination when you visit Australia’s South West. Visit our Attractions page for more information on the surrounding must see sights including Biodiversity hotspots, the Bibbulmun Track and the Munda Biddi Trail.
Park Awards and Accreditations
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award: 2016, 2017
- Booking.Com Guest Review Award: 2017 – Consistently achieving a guest review score of 8.9 out of 10 and above.
- Voted into the top 12 Parks in WA by the Caravan Industry Association of WA – 2016
- Top Parks Member since 2015
- G’Day Rewards Member since 2018 – Member Network with Top Parks and Discovery Parks
- Caravan Industry Of Western Australia Association Member since 2016
- Bibbulmun Track Walker Friendly Business since 2015
- Munda Biddi Trail Member since 2015
- Australia’s SouthWest Member since 2017
- Walpole Visitor Centre Member since 2015
Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is very excited to announce we will be hosting a Fervor Dining Experience on Saturday the 18th of August 2018. Tickets are now available for sale, if you would like to be a part of this delightful dinner please contact our office directly. Our Accommodation including Cabins, Chalets and Luxury Glamping Tents are available to be booked in conjunction with the event if you would like to stay onsite. We are offering guests a early bird deal of 25% off your choice of onsite accommodation, if you book before the 30th April 2018.
if you book before the 30th April.
The dinner will be situated within Coalmine Beach Holiday Park and will commence from 5:00pm and finish around 9:00pm. The event is Adults 18+ only, a select number of spaces available, tickets are $195.00 including GST per person.
The Event will Consist of:
- Welcoming drinks on arrival
- 4-6 Canape’s
- 6-8 course sit down degustation
- Petit Fours/Dessert
- The event is also BYO
What is this Fervor Dining Experience you may ask?
Fervor is a roaming pop-up restaurant that focus on using and promoting native Australian ingredients in their menu. The restaurant has no one-home base and exists for only a night or two, hosting dinners in the spectacular, remote locations around Australia and do so with conscious respect for the land they tread on.
Discover more about Fervor here.
Walpole’s Annual Events
- Walpole Markets in Pioneer Park: September – April, fresh produce, food stalls, crafts, homemade goods, childrens entertainment, live music and more
- Australia Day Celebrations and Markets in Pioneer Park – Saturday 26th January 2019
- Walpole’s Sailing Regatta at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park: 1st – 4th March 2019 Labour Day Long Weekend
- Pioneer Cup Golf Tournament at Walpole Country Club – March
- Easter Markets in Pioneer Park – Sunday 1st April 2018
- ANZAC Day Service: Wednesday 25th April 2018 – Walpole Town Memorial, Pier Street, 11AM Service all welcome
- Annual Whale Watching Season: June – November – Discounts available to coalmine guests, enquire within
- Southern Art and Craft Trail: September – October, Local exhibitions, galleries and studios around the Southern Forests region, guide books available
- Blooming Wild Festival: September – November, Wildflower and Orchid Sensation
- Christmas Eve Complimentary Sausage Sizzle and Santa Visit: 24th December from 6:00pm at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park Rec-Room area, all booked in guests welcome.