We are located approximately 415 kilometres south of Perth and just minutes from Walpole – known as the heart of the wilderness. Our guests stay close to nature as we are surrounded by five National Parks, and situated only metres away from the calm waters of the Nornalup Inlet. We offer a variety of accommodation to choose from including our luxury glamping tents, fully equipped en-suite chalets, cosy cabins with shared amenities or powered and unpowered sites. Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the ideal location to get away from it all, whether it’s a couple of night’s stay or two weeks of play. For the visitor who appreciates tranquility in a pristine location the beautiful surroundings of the Walpole wilderness Area will not disappoint.
Walpole is the gateway to both the Southern Forests and Valleys and the Amazing South Coast regions of Western Australia. We have such a diverse environment to explore including the Giant Tingle Trees which are entirely unique to our southwest district. The Tingles dominate the surrounding forest, especially in the Valley of the Giants, home of the Valley of The Giants, Tree Top Walk, just 15 minutes from us. We have an amazing variety of native flora and fauna including wildflowers, orchids, giant trees and wildlife creatures such as Quokkas, Kangaroos, joeys and Wrens, Walpole is a must stop and discover destination when you visit Australia’s South West. The Walpole Wilderness area has an endless amount of attractions to offer travellers including scenic drives, bird watching, flower hunting, four wheel driving, fishing, boating, kayaking, swimming and the opportunity to experience the world famous inlet tour, the WOW Eco Cruise, with Gary Muir.
The townsite of Walpole is only a couple of streets back from our Inlet Foreshore, with unspoilt scenery, filled with birdlife, two jetties and many walking trails to explore including the long distance walking trail, the Bibbulmun Track. Walpole is a nature lovers delight and we recommend allowing at least three days to fully discover the hidden beauties that surround us. We are inviting you to come and see why Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the perfect place for your next getaway.
Park Awards and Accreditations
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Booking.Com Guest Review Award: 2017 – Consistently achieving a guest review score of 8.9 out of 10 and above.
- Voted into the top 12 Parks in WA by the Caravan Industry Association of WA – 2016
- Top Parks Member since 2015
- G’Day Rewards Member since 2018 – Member Network with Top Parks and Discovery Parks
- Caravan Industry Of Western Australia Association Member since 2016
- Bibbulmun Track Walker Friendly Business since 2015
- Munda Biddi Trail Member since 2015
- Australia’s SouthWest Member since 2017
- Walpole Visitor Centre Member since 2015
We have been blessed with the most amazing weather over the past couple of weeks. It has been a delight for travelling visitors and locals with bright sunny days and calm inlet waters. We have been having sunny 22′ degree days, with a light breeze in the afternoon and amazing clear skies at night. We have been treated with some spectacular star shows, so bright the stars have been lighting up the night sky.
The salmon are still around if your fishing off shore from beaches such as Blue Holes, Salmon Holes and Peaceful Bay. The first pod of whales have been seen off the coast of Albany and they are making their way west towards Walpole along their annual migration path. Whales can be seen near Walpole from now until the end of August. Some great lookout points include Mandalay Beach and Conspicuous Beach.
Winter is such a magical time to be out exploring the local wilderness area, with rivers and waterfalls beginning to flow, the forest is in full autumn colours and there is so many different animal species frolicking around including kangaroos, kookaburras, quokkas, possums, dolphins, stingrays, wrens and eagles to name a few.
Coalmine Beach has a great June Long Weekend promo running at the moment, so if you are looking for an excuse to get away and enjoy #WinterDownSouth our promo is a bargain for all. Please click the link if you would like more information. CoalmineCampOut-JuneLongWeekend.
Walpole’s Annual Events
- Walpole Markets in Pioneer Park: September – April, fresh produce, food stalls, crafts, homemade goods, childrens entertainment, live music and more
- Australia Day Celebrations and Markets in Pioneer Park – Saturday 26th January 2019
- Walpole’s Sailing Regatta at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park: 1st – 4th March 2019 Labour Day Long Weekend
- Pioneer Cup Golf Tournament at Walpole Country Club – March 15th – 17th 2019
- Easter Markets in Pioneer Park – Sunday 21st April 2019
- ANZAC Day Service: Thursday 25th April 2019 – Walpole Town Memorial, Pier Street, 11AM Service all welcome
- Annual Whale Watching Season: June – November – Discounts available to coalmine guests, enquire within
- Southern Art and Craft Trail: September – October, Local exhibitions, galleries and studios around the Southern Forests region, guide books available
- Blooming Wild Festival: September – November, Wildflower and Orchid Sensation
- Christmas Eve Complimentary Sausage Sizzle: 24th December from 5:45pm at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park Rec-Room area.