Are you looking for a holiday packed with sightseeing, bushwalking, swimming and fishing? Or are you simply in need of some relaxation on a pristine beach in a tranquil nature setting? Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the place for you.
We are located approximately 415 kilometres south of Perth and just minutes from Walpole – known as the heart of the wilderness, surrounded by five National Parks, and overlooking the calm waters of the Walpole -Nornalup Inlet Marine Parks. Guests stay close to nature in a variety of Accommodation, including our new luxury glamping tents, fully equipped en-suite chalets, cosy cabins with shared amenities or powered and unpowered sites. Coalmine Beach Holiday Park is the ideal location to get away from it all, whether it is a one night stay or two weeks of play.
Walpole is the gateway to the Southern Forests and Valleys and the Great Southern regions of Western Australia. We have such a diverse environment to explore including the Giant Tingle Trees which are entirely unique to our district. The Tingles dominate the surrounding forest, especially in the Valley of the Giants, home of the Tree Top Walk, just 15 minutes from us. The whole area has a huge amount to offer the travelling tourist or locals alike such as bush walks, scenic drives, fishing, bird watching, four wheel driving, swimming, boating, canoeing and the world famous inlet tour with Gary Muir on the WOW Eco Cruise. For the visitor who appreciates tranquility in a pristine location the beautiful surroundings of the Walpole wilderness area will not disappoint. With the amazing array of native flora and fauna including wildflowers, orchids, giant trees and wildlife creatures such as Quokkas, Kangaroos and Wrens, Walpole is a must stop and discover destination when you visit Australia’s South West.
Visit our Attractions page for more information on the surrounding must see sights including our Biodiversity hotspots, the Bibbulmun Track and the Munda Biddi Trail.
Park Awards and Accreditations
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence: 2017, 2016
- Voted into the top 12 Parks in WA by the Caravan Industry Association of WA – 2016
- Top Parks Member since 2015
- Caravan Industry Of Western Australia Association Member 2017, 2016
- Bibbulmun Track Walker Friendly Business since 2015
- Munda Biddi Trail Member since 2015
- Australia’s SouthWest Member 2017-2018
- Walpole Visitor Centre Member since 2015
The Annual LandScope Calendar Competition was running over the months of 2017. A Calendar of amazing nature images was put together by the Department of Biodiversity, Attractions and Conservation. Each purchase of the calendar came with an entry coupon to go into the draw for our prize. Coalmine Beach Holiday Park offered the winners a Two Night Accommodation package in one of our Luxury En Suite Glamping Tents. Two nights for two adults to get away from everyday life and immerse themselves in mother nature. Our park is nestled amongst the Walpole-Nornalup National Park, surrounded by native bush and shady trees. With the shores of the Nornalup Inlet below us you can hear the water lapping on the beach and the birds chirping in the treetops.
The competition was drawn Thursday morning the 25th January 2018 and the winners of our great prize are Shannon Bedford and Mark Maddern from Maida Vale.
Thank You to everyone who entered.
If you are in need of an absolutely relaxing and serene getaway, our glamping tents make you feel right at ease with all the comforts of home. Check out our Glamping Accommodation Page, Book online or directly with our reception.
Walpole’s Annual Events
- Walpole Markets at Pioneer Park: September – April, fresh produce, food stalls, crafts, homemade goods, childrens entertainment, live music and more
- Australia Day Celebrations and Markets at Pioneer Park – Friday 26th January 2018
- Walpole’s Sailing Regatta at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park: 2nd – 5th March 2018 Labour Day Long Weekend, spectator vessel available on race day
- Pioneer Cup Golf Tournament at Walpole Country Club – March
- Easter Markets at Pioneer Park – Sunday 1st April 2018
- ANZAC Day Service: Wednesday 25th April 2018 – Walpole Town Memorial, Pier Street, 11AM Service all welcome
- Whale Watching Season: June – November – Discounts available to coalmine guests, enquire within
- Southern Art and Craft Trail: September – October, Local exhibitions, galleries and studios around the Southern Forests region, guide books available
- Blooming Wild Festival: September – November, Wildflower and Orchid Sensation
- Christmas Eve BBQ Dinner and Santa Visit: 24th December from 6:00pm at Coalmine Beach Holiday Park Rec-Room area, all booked in guests welcome.